Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

We are 11 day's into May and it may seem like I have not been postings, but things have been a bit crazy. As much as I love to write about my culinary adventures I also need to create them! So today being Mother's day I am resting a bit before I celebrate the day with my daughter, Emma Rose.

Some fun and notable things:

Check out the cover of the sun!

http://www.suncommunitynewspapers.com/index.php?page=studio-city-sun

I just completed a most amazing book by Nancy Mehagian. "Siren's Feast An Edible Odyssey."

You can order it at www.sirensfeast.com

Warning: Great recipes and you won't be able to put it down!

Friday marked a day that is so special and near to my heart. Under the direction of Aveson Charter School Culinary Advisor, Lowell Bernstein we served our first test run of healthy living lunches. It is truly a day of celebration and is the manifestation of a powerful vision of serving delicious and healthy lunches to our kids. Most kitchens at schools are "reheat only" and the hot meals are filled with sugar, salt, white flour and fat. We are creating a model that can be duplicated at other schools so we can change the way we feed our children! I will keep posting as this vision unfolds. Thank you to all the parents and friends who shared their time and talents.

No comments: