Saturday, August 28, 2010

S'MORES


August not only hosts National Marshmallow Day, but also National S’mores day! Come On! Could we find anything better to celebrate? Do you remember your first S’more? I think I have over glamorized my experience of this traditional campfire treat over the years! In fact I don’t think it was that great at all. Sitting on the beach sun burnt and freezing, covered with mosquito bites and then when I was finished strategically placing my chocolate onto the gram cracker I waited patiently for my marshmallow to get toasted. It was black and seemed solid when I placed it on the chocolate it squished all over me and the gooey hot liquid burnt my hand causing me to drop it in the sand! I have since had more successful outdoor culinary adventures, but I think this cocktail makes up for any unpleasant memories! Cheers!

S’more Martini

2 Ounces Chocolate Vodka

2 Ounces Bailey's Irish Cream

2 Ounces Cream de Cacao

2 Ounces Vanilla Vodka

2 Ounces Heavy Cream

Graham Crackers, Crushed

Chocolate Syrup

12 toasted mini marshmallows

Dip the rim of 4 martini glasses in the chocolate syrup and then into the crushed graham crackers. Chill glasses in the freezer. Pour all the remaining ingredients except the marshmallows into a martini shaker filled with ice and shake until well blended. Skewer your marshmellows on a cocktail stick and place in the chilled glasses. Strain the drinks into the 4 glasses. Enjoy!

No comments: