Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spa Cocktail


The last few weeks of summer and would I love a girl’s day at the spa! I don’t see that happening, but this spa inspired cocktail can make you feel like you are getting pampered! The clean flavor of Vodka dances well with the crisp, fresh cucumber in this cocktail. A whisper of aquavit and the fragrance of mint enhance its complexity.

My girls are so amazing! How blessed I am to have so many wonderful ladies in my life! We laugh, cry, dream, vision and even share the real messy and ugly things that we fear if anyone found out we would be mortified. All of this knowing we are safe and loved! Today I celebrate my gals and invite you to share this cocktail with some special friends! Cheers!

4 ounces Vodka

1/4 ounce wash of aquavit

6 slices cucumber

Small sprig of dill for garnish

Add the aquavit to a cocktail shaker glass and roll around. Shake out any excess. Drop in the cucumber slices and press with a muddler to release the juices. Measure in the vodka and fill with ice. Cap and shake vigorously. Strain into two martini glasses and garnish with a small sprig of mint.

No comments: